Friday, September 3, 2010

Sept 3rd

So far, adjusting to our new little one has been pretty easy. Much easier than adjusting to 3. It helps that this little one is a pretty laid back baby who nurses really well, most of the time. Our older kids love and adore him, which makes things even easier. I'd say, really the only problem has been tandem nursing and trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

I never planned to tandem nurse or even to nurse as long as we have, it's just worked out that way. I've considered stopping. Even worked towards it a couple of times. I know in time it will happen. However, I do think it is helping with the adjustment of a new baby.

Public schooling, so far, is going well. It certainly helps that we're very proactive in the kids' studies. I've mainly appreciated the fact that I've been able to get the rest and relaxation I've needed to recover well from giving birth. This is honestly the best postpartum recovery I've had. I haven't had to stress about their lessons or anything. And they aren't at home fighting all day. However, I do look forward to the end of the year and deciding what we'll do next year. I want to homeschool again, but we will see. I see pros and cons to both styles of learning. I still like the idea of homeschooling more, though.

I'm excited that it is finally football season again. I love fall and have been looking forward to it's arrival all summer. I know that technically it isn't fall until the 21st. To me, though, fall starts Sept 1st. I don't know why. It just does. And I love it. The crisp cool air. The warm fuzzy feelings. Harvest season. The colors. The fun things that happen around this time of year. One problem with it is homesickness. It makes me want to be surrounded by family even more than any other time of year. I don't live near family, however, so that's kind of difficult.

No comments: