Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

This weekend I took a big leap of faith. Faith that I was capable enough of taking my 4 children, without my husband, camping. Thankfully it was with a group of families, so I wasn't trying it out alone, but it was still a scary concept for me. I did it, however, and God used it as an opportunity to bless me and grow me. The trip was a success. I had a great time, hardly got upset about anything, and wasn't very nervous aside from being a wimp about outhouses. haha It was much needed R&R after the stress I'd gained over the week or so before going. All of it seems pretty long ago, now. I think one of the things I enjoyed the most, aside from being in nature and watching my kids have a blast, was the faith based discussions. Ok I loved the games too, but I'm a board game nut and just being around grown ups in a family friendly environment was great too. But the perspective adjustments, the confirmations, the confidence that is gained when encouraging each other with faith is such a gift. I'm thankful that I have friends who love the Lord as much as I do.

No comments: