Tuesday, May 10, 2016

From Milk to Meat

What does it mean to go from nursing to eating solids, in our faith? What does it look like to hunger for more?

For me, it is a desire for more understanding, knowledge, and Godly wisdom. I don't want to just read the bible or go to church and sit through a service anymore, though I do believe that it is still important.

I want more. I want to dig deeper and deeper into what the word is saying. What it is showing. It's easy to miss so much, simply by reading or by only listening to sermons.

God wasn't just saying study. He truly meant it. When we do, we know Him better.

Not only that, but I don't want to just throw out to others, "I'll be praying for you!". I want to start praying WITH them. To lay hands on them and allow them to lay hands on me and pray, fervently. Not just when it is convenient or hidden, but whenever and whereever it is needed.

There is so much power in prayer, especially when we pray together.

I'm ready for meat. I'm ready for deeper, more meaningful experiences.

No comments: