Monday, July 26, 2010

There was a full moon lastnight. However, this baby doesn't seem to have plans to come any time soon. At least that's my guess. Which is ok since dumplin' isn't due just yet, though s/he can safely come anytime they want to. I pretty much have everything I need for right now for the baby, that I can think of. Although we still need to get a carseat, but we're having a homebirth so we don't need it right away. And I do still have the hose and adapter to get for the birth pool. Other than that I think we're good. I have some cloth diapers, and can wait til after dumplin' gets here to get the rest, since s/he will start out in disposables for the first little bit anyway. I've started on some cloth nursing pads, which I'm excited about, but if they don't get done before baby comes I know I have friends who will finish them for me while I recoupe. My bedroom is pretty much ready. Just have a couple things to move to the garage. The laundry room is ready. And the rest of the house is pretty much tidied up, except for a vacuuming. Maybe if I get ALL of that taken care of, this baby will decide to arrive! haha Who knows. I've been getting impatient about it lately. So many ladies in a due date club I'm part of have had babies in the last week, even some ladies whose due dates were after mine. And this is one reason I just don't put much in to a due date anyway. I'll get back to that thought, in a moment. Add to that the feeling of heaviness like I'm so full I can't eat anymore except it isn't in my stomache. And the moodiness. My goodness. I'm snippy this week. And lastnight, I had my fan on, but I was still horribly hot. I will say that one of the things that annoys me the most though, is when people ask me about my due date. I haven't really told many people when I'm "due" because most people don't actually deliver then. I just tell them sometime this summer or what have you. Yet they keep asking like it's some magical important number. It isn't. NONE of my kids have come on their due date. Just around it. I think it all goes back to the moodiness though. I'm ready to have my body back and be holding this baby in my arms.

No comments: