Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

In spite of starting the year off sick, I really believe this year is going to shine. I've decided that I would like to achieve 30 things before I turn 30.

First on my list is to become a published author. I recently discovered a writing contest through a self publishing company and am excited to be entering it. I have a story I started during NaNoWriMo 2010 that I've decided to finish and turn in. Yes, I am an amateur and am sure I'll make mistakes with it, but it's worth a shot. I've already done some editing and have found that I had a lot more written than I realized. I am in the process of getting it all organized and polished. This is something I've wanted to do for nearly 2 decades at least! It's sad that it has taken me this long to finally go for it. There are a lot of things in my life like that, though.

I will try to continue to post a new goal each day and share my progress with each of them as the year continues.

No comments: