Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012

I'm terrible about getting on here. I just haven't made it a priority.

I entered a writing contest, but didn't make the final cut. At first I felt very disappointed and discouraged. Then I thought about the fact that I still achieved a few things. I actually finished writing a book and even took the risk to put it into the contest! That is a huge deal and certainly nothing to be overshadowed by a little rejection. I figure, now that I'm not stressing to finish it, I will review it and see if I want to make revisions. Then, hopefully, I can have a few people critique it for me so I can get outside perspectives. I do plan on trying again and again until it is accepted. I've also started on the sequel. I'm pretty excited.

As I did the daily acts of love thing, I'll admit, it wasn't always on my mind. My eyes have been opened, though, to some things that need to change in our family dynamic. I'm home with my kids pretty much non-stop, yet they still go to bed hungry for love and attention. Why? Because the quality of our time needs improvement. It saddens me that we're together, but so busy that the time isn't actually fulfilling. I'm now working on ways to improve that. I know I can't do it alone and am praying about it all.

No comments: