Monday, June 16, 2014

6 am, but I'm Not Lonely


      Over the past couple of weeks, I've been waking up, usually, between 6 and 7 am. No alarm, or anything. It takes me a few minutes, sometimes a while, to actually get out of bed. I lay there and thank the Lord for our quiet times together. I've really needed them.

       As I make my way down the gently sunlit stairs, I can hear the songs of the birds, praising Him. I grab my black pew bible, my pastor offers to anyone who doesn't have their own, and curl up, on the couch, in the corner of our fireplace room.

       I continue my conversation with my Abba Father. It's another beautiful day. The light, that lays across my house, is peaceful and welcoming. The sounds of the morning, like a joyous chorus, greeting the new day. I know God is saying "Good morning. I love you. Have a blessed day."

       I feel tired, achey, and exhausted, yet I have 2 choices. The first to just fall asleep. The other, to put away my desires for those of my God. I choose to open His word and begin reading, where I left off the day before. Every morning something speaks to me and it's just what I need for the day, although, many days I lose focus. When I realize I'm losing my grasp, I turn my eyes towards heaven I call out. He is there already, waiting to pick me back up. I'm getting better and better about turning to Him, and letting go of my own understanding, but it is still something I have to work towards.

        With our morning "snuggles" enjoyed, I go out and care for our animals. Admittedly, that has been an off and on thing. Sometimes my husband carries that duty. I might tend our garden while I'm out there as well. If I'm really motivated, I may even run a little. (If you can call it running. :) )

          If the children haven't awoken, before I return from my outdoor responsibilities, I start doing what I can to freshen up the house, though I know moments after they descend my house will be in ruins yet again. No one may ever know the work I put into the care of my home, or my family, aside from God and myself, but that's what is most important. So, I do my best to do what I do unto the Lord, because I will never make everyone happy, but I can choose to be happy and joyfilled in my King. It still takes a lot of work with this as well. Plenty of times I fail. I fail everyday at something, though.

         That's why I need these mornings more than I need sleep, for He gives rest to my soul. I need them more than I need breakfast, for He is the bread of life. He is my strength and my refuge. The lifter up of my soul. I may be going through trials and tribulations, or maybe I think everything is all peaches and cream in the world, regardless, my God is with me and I want to be in Him as He is in me. I love the song 'Come to the River'. I believe these mornings are my opportunity to start fresh and take a spiritual shower in the river of God's love.

No comments: