Friday, June 6, 2014

Swing Batter Batter

It's not easy to admit our faults and accept criticism from others. Sometimes it takes years, even decades, before the message sinks into our thick skulls. But it's true, we all have faults. We all have weaknesses.

One of mine is finishing what I start. I come by this honestly, as my mother has the same issue. It's not that I can't finish a project and many times I do, but enough times, I dream and plan and then nothing comes of it. This happens for various reasons. Sometimes, it's the realization of the cost. Other times it's fear, doubt, and procrastination. And sometimes, it's because I get sidetracked. That actually happens a lot.

The thing is, God has been bringing this weakness to my attention over and over, for the past few months, using different tactics. I know it's something that needs to change. There are so many "projects" I've started that should be completed. God has a purpose for them.

What is it that you have started but, for some reason, haven't finished? What might happen if you actually did finish? Those are questions I have asked myself. It's a long list.

It's time for me to step up to the plate, stop planning, and start swinging the bat. I just pray God gives me the strength, courage, boldness, etc. that I need to reach the finish line. Not just with my projects, or with the things I have going on or want to have going on in this life, but for that moment when I step across the line, and leave this life behind.

When I go, I want to be able to say, "I tried and I fought. I didn't quit or give up, even though many times I thought I would."

Now is the time to make things happen and let God deal with the anxieties and overwhelming feelings.

Prayers appreciated, because I could use the strength of agreement.

No comments: