Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Will You Be My Valentine?

(Sorry, I couldn't get a better picture and I, sadly, don't have any photo editing software.)

This was my most recent project. It isn't done yet, because I've been a slacker. (Not really, I've been soaking in being a new mom.) It was my Valentine gift to my husband this year, and kind of to myself.

I got the idea for it while making our Christmas stocking hanger, that I found the inspiration for on Pinterest. The next step is to add hooks to the bottom and brackets, for hanging, to the back. The plan is to have it be a picture hanger, with pictures of just the 2 of us, which I've discovered there aren't many of, to hang in our room. 

It reads, "Because Love is not an emotion, Love is a promise!" I considered painting a tiny TARDIS on there, since that is where this quote is rendered from, but that is also a key truth in the bible. God always keeps His promises. Love, is a decision, a choice. It isn't something you just feel or experience, but have no control over. It is something to fight for. Something to be willing to go to Hell and back for. (Jesus did.) In this day and age of giving up when things get hard, this is my motto. Some days, it is what keeps me going as a wife, a mom, a person.

No comments: