Thursday, February 4, 2016

Women's Fellowship

          My, oh my. I knew I was in need of some women's fellowship, but until last night, I didn't realize how desperate that need was.

          Recently a friend of mine arranged a small group women's study of the book "How We Love". Our study started this past week and we met together to discuss what we've read, last night.

           I was a bit unsure at first. I tend to either not share or over share, so I felt a little anxious. I had a past experience with a group where I shared a deep, personal prayer concern and ended up with people trying to give me advice instead of praying. Last night wasn't like that.

           Instead, it was the beginning of what I believe will be a wonderful and powerful building of sisterhood. We each were able to share deep thoughts, feelings, and realizations, knowing that our focus was on overcoming, together. We weren't there to advise, to pick apart, etc. We were there to listen, to share, to grow. I now know things to pray about for each of these women and I believe that they too will be praying for me.

No comments: