Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's still been an emotional rollercoaster for me lately. Although some of those emotions finally just poured on out during a talk with my husband, which turned out to be a good thing for us. I don't like being emotional. It's embarrassing for me. But I am an overly sensitive person who has a lot of emotions. I think school has had an effect (affect?) on that. Not just by adding a new stress (but a good one) but also because I do believe that massage can help with the release of pent up emotions, which I have MORE than enough of.

The good news is I'm still loving school. I'm getting along great with my classmates. My kids are doing well. None of us have gotten sick or anything. And my marraige is doing better than I was worried about. I know that might not make any sense (how could I not know how it's doing) but my husband and I are almost polar opposites so sometimes, I'm not sure what's going on in his head and I know sometimes he really just doesn't get what's going on in mine. So it's really good that we sat down and talked yesterday.

In other news. Leaves are falling in bigger batches which totally thrills the kids. They LOVE raking the leaves up and making "eagle's nests" with them. Too cute! They each even have their own rakes. They're excited about Halloween, although I still have to finish 2 of their costumes! Their dad made candy apples with them the other day which they thought was really fun and they've been enjoying a lot of fall crafts and activities lately. I love it!

I've come to realize either I'm doing MUCH better at parenting with my son OR God is having pitty on me. My son is such a good baby. (My girls were too, but it's different) He isn't even 2 yet and knows that when he is done with his bath toys he needs to put them away. That when he is done in the tub (even though I'm right there) he needs to pull the plug AND put it on a little shelf. He throws things away when he's done with them, like bananas or what have you. He is just amazing! But with him I've done really well with putting my inhibitions aside and encouraging him to be helpful. Yeah I may have to deal with a mess or something now, but I discouraged my daughters for that very reason and now, it's a struggle getting them to help. I do also think that part of it with him is his love tank is almost always full. He gets slung instead of put in a stroller, he nurses still, he has a lot of mommy time and closeness. He also gets lots of closeness with his dad. With my girls, I weaned them before they were really ready, I put them in swings and strollers a lot. I just didn't hold them the way I do my son, because I didn't know any better. Thank God I co-slept with them, or I don't know how they'd be! I know "modern" parenting styles work for some people, but it is so not for me or my family.

No comments: