Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bible Study Part 2

Psalm 7 - We need to pay more attention to the choices we are making, holding ourselves more accountable for them. In this Psalm, David is willing to receive what is due to him. If he has done wrong he will accept responsibility for it, not deny it, blame it on someone else, or run away from the consequences.

Psalm 8 - God is holy, amazing, and wonderful. Yet, he loves us. He calls us. He made us lower than the angels, but, with Him, we are lifted up.

Proverbs 7 - We need to train up our sons in the Lord. We need to teach them to respect and value women, and themselves. To respect and value sex. We need to be praying for them to be wise and to be led by God, more than by hormones. It is true about our daughters as well.

Proverbs 8 - Life and learning go hand in hand. Continuing to grow and learn, even if it means going the road less traveled, will bring better understanding and connection to God. We will be better for it.

Psalm 9 - When we give ourselves over to the Lord he takes care of us and all our needs. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in this lifetime will he deliver justice to those who wrong us, but he will serve it to them when it is time. We have so much to praise and thank him for. So much to give glory and honor to him for. And, on a side note, I finally realized, possibly, why they call the one chick in Dogma, the last Zion. v 14 "that I may declare your praises in the gates of the Daughter of Zion..." Is that wrong of me, to think of that?

Proverbs 9 - My first thought was, that I need to stop wasting my breath trying to share the wisdom I've gained, with people I know in my heart, aren't really listening.
My second thought - This is a good way to learn to test ourselves on whether we are being wise or not. It's also a good way to learn whether someone else is sharing true wisdom with us or not.
Our lack of wisdom will keep us hidden in the dark, doing things that are hurting us, whether we believe they are or not. Over eating/under eating, taking what isn't ours, or something else.

Psalm 10 - This Psalm reminds me of a lot of the atheists I've come across. Their proud and boastful. They tear down those who they believe are weaker than them, or at least attempt to. Not that ALL atheists are like that, they aren't, just a lot of the ones I've come across. Humans are temporary.

Proverbs 10 - there is no true gain, no true success, no true value in a life without God. In God we are truly rich and blessed.

No comments: