Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bible Study Part 7

Psalms 25 - I thought this was a beautiful prayer.

Psalm 26 - I want to get to the point that, I too, can say those things about my self and my walk with the Lord.

Proverbs 25 - Be honest and tactful. Be aware and careful of what you say and do. Be trustworthy. Be kind and generous. Take what you need, but don't take on excess.

Proverbs 26 - Choose your friends wisely. Don't hang out with fools, self righteous people, know it alls, etc.
They will just bring you down.

Psalm 27 - What an amazing feeling of knowing that we are safe in the house of the Lord. That with God we are lifted above those who do us evil. To be in the beauty of the Lord's presence. How wonderful!

Psalm 28 - The beginning made me think he was repenting for something. And that he was saying "I'm not like these men who do things and feel no remorse. Please forgive me!" And the end is him praising God for mercy, for forgiveness. I think it's a good reminder that God does listen. That when we realize mistakes we've made and do feel sorry for them, He DOES forgive us.

Psalm 29 - Praise God. Listen to Him, He is speaking, possibly in ways we may not realize. He blesses us and in Him we find peace.

Psalm 30.
vs 5 How much does God sound like us parents? We may be disappointed but it will pass. We may make you cry but it will pass. My dad tells me this ALL the time. That even if I'm afraid of disappointing him, I should still be able to tell him things, because he won't be disappointed forever, and he is still going to love me no matter what. I tell my kids the same thing.
vs 7 We need God so much. He is our strength. Our stability. He is our foundation, our ground. Without him we WILL fall.
This is just a great praise to God. Thanking him for even the simplest of things He does for David.

Proverbs 27 - vs1 Tomorrow is no guarantee.
vs 5 and 6 How much I need to work on that. Being able to speak what needs to be said instead of hiding my love for others through my silence. A real friend will understand and allow wounds to heal, knowing I didn't mean to hurt them, if I did.
vs 10 -  How important it is to get to know the ones around you and really build community. Having people to lean on and a support network you can count on.
vs 17 definition of "soul mate." This is what marriage is partially about. Having someone to connect with who will sharpen you and allow you to sharpen them. Together you grow and become stronger and more capable. Working together to bring out the best in each other.
vs 23-26 I took as a metaphor even though it isn't. It made me think of parenting. I'm going to school right now and it's become a struggle. I don't enjoy clinic like I thought I would. I don't know why. Ok I know part of it is that it is boring. I like massage. I believe in the benefits. I like to help others feel better in their bodies. But I would much rather get one than give one. I know this isn't something I want to do long term. I'm just not THAT passionate about it. However, I will not give up, though I want to. I will continue on. There are many reasons why I chose this route and I'm so close to the finish line (I must keep telling myself this) that it'd be stupid not to finish. To finally be able to say "Look what I did!" Not that I can't. I'm rambling. Anyway I HATE being away from my kids. I don't want to work. Yes the extra money, money that *I'm* making and *I* have control over, would be terrific. But not worth the time away from my kids. We need to know our kids. What is going on with them and in their lives. We need to be a big part of their lives and to be a BIG influence in them. Money isn't more important. Fame is nothing. When we invest in our kids and focus on them, we will be richly blessed. And hey, when we're old they'll want to take us in and take care of us! hahaha

Proverbs 28 - Priorities. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHKdhAZ9hU

Proverbs 29 - vs 1 There is no hope for those who refuse to listen and to learn.

vs 4 greedy politicians...

vs 17 we need to teach our kids and when they are grown we will know that what they've been taught is good. Gosh... Ok I'm not even going there. *sigh*

vs 19 that's true for children too!!!

vs 21 is too. Don't spoil your kids, they'll grow up to be selfish brats!

vs 27 My goodness. How true is this in our world today!

Proverbs 30 - I want to be that hungry to know the Lord. To only ask for what we need and not worry about having excess, that would be a relief!

vs 11 - 15 this is what we risk when we don't make discipline a priority.

vs 33 be mindful of your words. I've been working on that one.

 
Psalm 31 - vs 5 "Into your hands I put my spirit." What a powerful statement.
vs 22 I have had that feeling before. Feeling so far from God, but even when we think we are in the dark, God is still with us.

Proverbs 31 - Oh how I want to be this woman. Not only is she so devoted to God and her family but her husband is respectable
 
Psalm 32 - vs 1 and 2 Forgiveness. Just like we strive to be like our Lord in other ways we need to strive to be forgiving. Through forgiving others it will help set me free. I know I can be a forgiving person but there are some things I know I haven't forgiven.

this Psalm made me think of this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_whi9GmAO8&feature=related

especially this part - "And tragedy's a reminder to take off the blinders and wake up
(to live the life)
We're supposed to take up
(moving forward)
With all our heads up
Cuz life is worth living" 
 
taking off the blinders. Horses and mules have blinders put on them so they won't go where their owners don't want them to. Like in horse racing. You want them to go the course so blinders are put on them so they don't stray. They aren't given much of a choice. God gives a choice. He doesn't want us to go to him blindly.


I'm an associater. I tend to associate things with other things and I love music so I might post lots of songs in time... haha

Psalm 33 - vs 2 and 3 See even God is telling me to learn to play the guitar and sing... hahahaha j/k

God's love is so amazing. His forgiveness is so powerful.
 
 

No comments: