Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bible Study Part 5

Psalm 20 - It is important to pray for others, including our leaders.

Proverbs 20 - vs 6 and 7 make me think of the importance of fathers in the lives of their children. A father who is faithful to the Lord and is a good spiritual leader, will be able to guide his children towards a blessed life.

vs9 too often I look at others and judge them. The hardly dressed chick walking around wal mart with her mullet clad clan. Dirty and unable to speak real English, so it would seem. Her husband wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves torn off. Yeah, I look down on them. But should I? No. What makes me so much better than them? I have my own sins, my own head shake enducing life choices.

vs11 All the more reason to be educating our children in God's word and ways. To be raising them with faith, love, compassion, forgiveness, etc.

vs18 make educated decisions!

vs24 almost makes me think of just letting go and enjoying the ride. Not worrying so much about the why and the how and just enjoying the fact that things are what they are and that there is a reason they are that way. Not to say you can't strive to change things that aren't working for you, just to stress less about what might or might not be. Does that make any sense?

v27 God knows us more intimately than even we could ever know ourselves. He knows everything about us both inside and out. He cares for us and loves us THAT MUCH!

Psalm 21 - Sing praise to the Lord and exalt him, for he is greater than our enemies. He is more powerful than His enemies. He will prevail and in Him is victory.

Proverbs 21 - vs1 we should be like the king mentioned. Giving our hearts to God and allowing Him to direct us. I often pray that God would help me to be a woman after His own heart.

vs3 Instead of "sacrificing" through letting go of things we need to turn to God and ask him what the right thing for us, to do, is. And He'll show us. If we just go through the motions of something, but it isn't what God is asking of us or wanting from us, it is meaningless.

vs5 success is made by those who are willing to work for it. Who don't just dream it will happen and then wait for it to happen, but who will put into action the steps to make it happen. That's a biggie for me, because I tend to be a dreamer, though I've gotten better.

vs9 is something I try really hard to pay attention to. Communication is extremely important and how you do it is just as important.

vs17 isn't saying you can't have good times or nice things, but not to let those things consume you. Set priorities and don't over spend. Stop "keeping up with the Jones".

vs19 again how we communicate is important.

vs30 our God can not be defeated. He is the most High. The almighty. He is our wonderful, Lord of all.

No comments: