Monday, June 13, 2011

June 12, 2011

Today has been interesting for our family. It was a great day and evening in church. I loved both the services and will write about them tomorrow. We got our cookies baked for the county fair, which is exciting. However, this evening before church, my husband discovered our cat laying under the rose bush. He hasn't been doing very well. The vet took an xray that showed abnormalities in his lungs, but they didn't have a diagnosis for him. He became very thin and seemed to lose his appetite. Taking a closer look at our cat, my husband realized he wasn't breathing or moving. He had passed on. I was never a fan of this cat, I'll be honest. He always peed on my clothes, if they were on the floor. Not so much on other people's clothes. Just my clothes and the towels. Really pissed me off. I was surprised at how sad I feel and how I already miss him. He had stopped peeing on my stuff recently when we got him a litter pan for the bathroom upstairs, but it was also after he took a turn for the worst. We've had him for 7 and a half years now. It was hard watching my husband and daughters "put him to rest". It was heartbreaking seeing my girls cry and watching them make special secret letters to bury with him. We have a dog also. It made us realize, as death usually reminds us, that we need to appreciate and love those who are in our lives, while they still are. What good is it to love someone AFTER they are gone. They'll never know. So love them NOW while they are HERE and can embrace that love.

No comments: