Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17, 2011

This week has been very interesting and wonderful. A week of growth and perspective changes. A week of peace, joy, and comfort. A week learning about truly worshiping the Lord and working towards loving unconditionally. I feel like I'm not the same person I was last week and that I'm continuing to grow further and further away from who I've been towards who I am in the Lord.

Tonight was our 2nd family worship night. It's still rough around the edges and in need of some adjustments, but definitely better than last week's turned out. I know in my heart that this is an important endeavor for our family. God has a plan for our family worship nights and I just praised Him for it. I know many Christians, including myself, who have thought they know God, but never really showed that relationship outside of church. Now, I know that I may have known God a little, but I've never give myself over to God the way I have this week and boy what a difference that makes in a person's life! I suggest, for those who are interested, take the time to put everything else aside and allow yourself to truly be present in the presence of God. "For I know the plans I have for you." This is a scripture that just struck my heart, though I don't remember where it's at.

No comments: