Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

Ok, I didn't get on here the past few days, so obviously didn't write about the stuff we learned in church. I don't have my papers with me, right now, either. So I'll write, instead, about my life.

First of all, the kids and I entered stuff into the county fair this week. So excited. Went to check it all out Tuesday night. My older boy got 3rd place for his cookies. My younger daughter got 2nd place for her cookies and 3rd place for her art. My older daughter got 2 participant ribbons, one for art and the other for her cookies, and nothing for her photograph. She was pretty disappointed and upset, but she also didn't put much effort into the art or photograph and her cookies were all crushed by the time she went to turn them in. I think it was the mini m&ms she used. I got nothing for one of my sewn projects, but the other, along with my cookies, came in 2nd. So I was very happy. Last year I entered jewelry and came in 3rd.

I'm also excited about school. I turned in my last homework assignment yesterday and only have 3 more shifts, national cert exam, 1 more class, and then I graduate! After that I'll, hopefully, be getting my infant massage instructor certification.

God has blessed me so much this week. Not only are things going well, in life, but also in my spirit. Sunday's services left me feeling like God was talking to me personally. We discussed worship. What is it? It's not just singing. It's not just saying "I praise you God" it's about being present and available to God. Not just being in His presence, but "gracing" Him with ours. You can stand in church singing the songs and saying over and over "I praise you! You are holy!" etc, but if your heart isn't in it, it has no meaning. Last night's service was about God's will. We worry so much about details. "God, is it your will that I buy THIS house? God is it your will that I work at THIS place?" that sometimes we forget that God gives us choices and not all of them are bad or wrong. If you like that house and will serve God there just as well as you would at that other house, then God probably isn't too bothered by which house you take. If you'll serve God just as well through this job as you would through a different one, then again, God is probably cool with which ever. It's not about WHAT, it's about HOW. How will you let God lead you? Where will you let God lead you? When will you let God lead you?  "Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of the Lord." Don't ask "Am I in your will, Lord?" ask "Am I being led by you, Lord" I've also been reading "Fearless" by Max Lucado. I highly recommend it. There is so much in there that I'm finding comfort in. And finding things to pray about and thank God for. My biggest prayer right now is that as God continues to grow me, I will find freedom from fear and from the cares of this world, that I might trust in the Lord and worship Him continuously. Many have said they are saved, yet few have truly given themselves to Him. I want to fully and completely give myself to God.

No comments: