Monday, September 7, 2009

Back again

I took my blog down for a while, though I don't remember why now. I've decided to bring it back and may later re-add some of the blogs I'd previously posted and removed. We'll see.

Today I wanted to share a tip for those traveling with infants/toddlers in the near future.

If you intend to use a car seat on a flight, make sure it has the FAA approved sticker. Otherwise you'll be told you can't, even if you've used that same exact car seat on flights in the past and by discription it probably does meet the FAA standards. Instead you'll be told to just buckle your kid into the seat with the regular airline seat seatbelt as though that's safe and will restrain your toddler so they aren't running the aisles (thankfully mine didn't). Also you can not have your child in a carrier/sling during take off and/or landing. I paid for my little guy to have his very own seat thinking his car seat would be fine (since we used it on a flight back in Dec), but since stickers have been ripped off over time (though none in the last 9 months or so I'm pretty sure) they couldn't find the FAA sticker and refused to let me use it. So for both a 3 hour and a 4 and a half hour trip I held my son, which is no big deal except I had paid for him to have his own seat so I wouldn't have to do that... So before you pay for a ticket for your young one, make sure you have a sticker on your car seat or that you can afford to pay for the use of an FAA carseat rental.

No comments: