Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yesterday was a very productive and blessed day for me.

I've been waking up at 7 in the morning, while the rest of my family sleeps, to spend time with the Lord. I pray, read the proverb of the day, and ask the Lord what I need to remember/know today. When I was done I opened a magazine a friend felt moved to loan me. Above Rubies. It's a magazine for Christian women. It's uplifting, inspiring, and supportive. When I was done with that I started reading the Believer's Voice of Victory magazine, she had also loaned me. Yesterday's message from God to me was simple. "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness..." - Matthew 6:33. So yesterday I spent the day just praising the Lord in all I did. Folding laundry, taking the kids to p.e., handling disagreements or frustrations, everything. I got into the word a few times as well yesterday and just prayed. Today I'm working to continue that.

God blessed my family for it yesterday. My girls got through their schoolwork with almost no complaints. I got mostly caught up on my laundry, cleaned my living room and kitchen, and rearranged my bedroom all after the kids' scheduled bedtime. My kids all played really well with each other for the most part. It was just a very peaceful and productive day. You could feel a love there that normally isn't. God's deep and powerful love.

Today I start school. I'm going to train to be a massage therapist. I've been anxious, nervous, and scared about this all summer. I'm excited and look forward to it too. Today, I'm constantly handing that over to the Lord to handle. I know that the Lord is with me and I shouldn't be afraid. Fear is something I struggle with, though. It's something that I've always had. I suppose I should get the book Fearless and read it. As well as focus on scriptures that remind me why I have no need to fear, and no it isn't because Underdog is here... (haha) It's because "...perfect love casts out all fear..." -1 John 4:18

I'm off to go and be productive!

No comments: