Friday, September 18, 2009

A Quiet Evening

This evening my husband is off at the Reds game with our girls. It's a very quiet night at home. My son is actually asleep, waking from time to time for a drink. It's a little warm in the house tonight. Though, I enjoy these quiet times, I prefer the company of my family. There is so much I really should be getting done at this very moment, but all I really want to do is just sit and relax. As much as I'd like for my family to be home, I've actually had a pretty good evening. I, thanks to my husband's courteous thinking, made myself some salmon and rice for dinner. My son actually enjoyed it and ate more than he normally does for dinner. Then I decided to make some home made pretzles. Probably the best ones I've ever made and the first time doing it without my husband's assistance. He is the chef in this house, and a masterful one at that. I did get my kitchen cleaned up tonight, though I still need to sweep. Since I'm not in the mood to clean, or do any of my "projects" right now it would be nice to have a friend over. Oh well. Maybe next time.

No comments: