Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yesterday was another blessed day. Again my kids' schooling went smoothly. We even did an art project using some of my old magazines and empty cereal boxes. My oldest made it to her horse program on time and both girls got to enjoy cloverbuds (mini 4-H). I made it to school early and was able to enjoy some knitting before I went in.

I really enjoyed class. All my classmates were really nice and pretty cool. The staff is awesome. I'm really excited about my journey and am looking forward to class tonight. Lastnight was mainly an introduction night. Getting to know everybody. The school encourages creating a safe and comfortable atmosphere and by the time class was over it did feel that way. I mean, I tend to be a very reserved, sit back and observe, wait to be approached kind of person. Lastnight, however I was talking to all kinds of people! Not my norm. This is definetly going to be an amazing growing experience for me.

Yesterday I didn't have a specific scripture upon my heart. I just had praise and obedience. I need to learn to be more obedient to the Lord. And the Lord has chosen something that should be simple to work with me on. I'm a picker. I hate to admit it sometimes, because it's gross, but I pick. I come from a line of women pickers. But I believe God has put on my heart to STOP. I was praying recently that I would have clearer skin. (Yes I pray for what might seem silly things or even odd things.) And that was the answer I got. STOP PICKING! I have started to a couple of times but then I hear that and sometimes I try to give myself another moment or 2 but then I realize, no I need to be obedient. Hey God works in mysterious ways right? Hahaha Baby steps. If I can learn to be obedient about something that seems so little and unimportant, then I'll learn to be obedient for the things that really are worth it.

I'm thankful that there are a good amount of other Christians in my class. I know it was one thing I was worried about. I need spiritual support in the places I spend the most time. Growing up, it seemed like most people didn't like me unless I was "worldly" and I'll be honest, I like to impress people. I don't go out of my way to get people's attention. However, if my "war stories and battle scars" impress people I get caught up in sharing them. The thing is, I don't want to be the bragging "world" focused person I know I can be. I want to inspire people, but I want to lift them up too. I don't want to do things to glorify myself. I want to do things to glorify the Lord. Knowing that there are people I can lean on in class for prayer, for spiritual uplifting. People who will like me as I am and not for things I've done in my past that were "cool" is really comforting to me. Not that my none Christian friends aren't supportive or anything. I know alot of them like me for me.

I'm excited to know what God's addition to my focus will be today. I know that I need to continue seeking, praising, and being obedient.

No comments: