Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall

I've felt fall coming for at least a week now. Can almost smell it in the air. I always feel extra crafty in the fall, and extra sentimental. Leaves are already starting to change colors and fall to the ground. I went out and bought my girls their own rakes for this year. They outgrew the one from last year, which can now be used by my son. I look forward to later in the season when there are plenty of leaves for the 4 of us to go out and rake up together. We always try to make the biggest pile ever! And then we jump in it and rake it up some more. I look forward to our apple and pumpkin picking adventures. Along with all the baking that comes with that. Tearfully, I look forward to each kids birthday and Christmas (which I know, it's in winter, but still.) I don't discount Thanksgiving, mind you. I love feasts, especially when my husband is the one cooking. Not because it means I don't have to, but because he is just that good of a cook. (You mind find that a re accuring statement in my posts.)

To kick off the fall, though technically it doesn't start just yet, the family and I went over to a fall festival in the next town. I took the kids to it last year by myself, while waiting for my husband's flight to get in, and it was great fun. This year was about the same. There was a train, though we didn't go on it and it wasn't giving rides. There was a person who brought a TON of sand and was making a really cool sculpture. There were lots of local vendors which is always neat to see. And I got some ideas for myself of things I'd like to, and think I could, do. The girls even got to tour an ambulance and talk about it some. Great learning experience for them, as it was something they've been wanting to do.

After we got home I relaxed a little and went out to the garden to harvest some peppers and tomatos. I took the camera out to take some pictures of all the butterflies on our butterfly bush. Saw a big bumble bee and a wasp out there too. The coolest thing was seeing our pond frog under it though. I love to take pictures. When I was done out there it was time to do some cleaning. I didn't do as much as I had planned to lastnight as my boy was wanting me most the night and it was just so hot in our house. Although I did get to work on my BSU spirit inspired scarf as I watched them take down Fresno State! So far I'm having a pretty good weekend. Made even better by the fact that my husband is currently making corn on the cob and home made wings!

No comments: